On behalf of Aramco's nonmetallic team, Waleed L. Al Otaibi, SAO nonmetallic project manager, explained the corporate nonmetallic strategy. “We have a clear vision to become a global leader in the nonmetallic business, with the key objective of maximizing the value of our resources, minimizing the life cycle of our assets, localizing the nonmetallic industry and reducing our hydrocarbon footprint. Now our strategy focuses on five key sectors of oil and gas, building and construction, automotive, packaging, and renewables.”
Informative presentations and in-depth discussions
Ten presenters, including experts and professionals from the Aramco nonmetallic team, NEXCEL, suppliers and technical partners, treated the participants with insightful progress and helped generate discussions among them.
- Mohammed Al Salloum from Aramco spoke about the corporate nonmetallic strategy in building and construction
- NEXCEL Program director Li Juan presented the possibilities to build a promising future with nonmetallics
- Liu Yongchuan, vice president of Harbin FRP Institute (affiliated to CBMA), introduced the application of composite materials in telecommunications.
Speakers from suppliers and technical solution providers also presented topics that promoted the application of nonmetallic technologies.
- Julien Saade, business development manager with IKK MATEENBAR, introduced the challenges of GFRP rebar in the project
- Zhang Yu, CEO of Shanghai CoinRobotics Technology Co. Ltd., shared with the audience the large-scale additive and subtractive manufacturing solutions for architectural landscape
Linda Liu, overseas business manager of Jiangsu Golden University, presented the nonmetallic grating for structural fire integrity
In his closing remarks, Mohammed Al Qahtani, vice president of Engineering and Technical Services at Aramco Asia, noted: “The platform is well established to align mutual interests and explore further collaboration. You are welcome at any time to share with us the ideas and opportunities that will advance the development and application of the nonmetallic materials.”